Monday, May 11, 2009

The movie of my life

N.P. here
What you are about to read is a movie, the movie of my life with Blake Patty.

At the bottom of the screen you see the words Monday 5.10.2009 day that JV conference ends. You see a lot of people in a room, everyone of them is a JV kid or a person who went to camp. Becca is in the middle talking ,people start to cry, there's a lot of hugging, then people leave to go to lunch. the camera zooms in on 2 people, you recognize them as Nathan and Blake, the 2 main character's of the movie. as they walk to lunch they talk about camp and school. At lunch they sit outside, where they eat lunch, just the 2 of them. They start to do riddles. Then Blake changes the subject. "Do you miss the way JV used to be?"
"not really, im too young to remember it.
"oh"
"I didn't cry when Becca was talking"
"Me neither"
" I think that my brain has already left"
After this they leave to go hand in their plates, after that they meet Mrs. Patty, who starts talking to Nathan. She tells him that he's the kind of friend who they would send Blake to meet me again one day. She hugs him and he starts to cry. He was wrong about already feeling like he was gone. Mrs. Patty gives Blake and Nathan money to buy a ice cream, they both buy chocolate noggers. They go outside to say goodbye to people. Blake's car leaves first. He gets in the car after saying goodbye to Nathan. By now Nathan wonder's if he'll ever see his friend again.

Now the screen darkens and a new scene starts. the words 10 years later show up. You see Nathan in America, in a tux and Blake at the door. Blake too is in a tux. You ready to get married? Yah, thanks for being my best man. The rest of the movie is not important, what we want to see is what happened in the middle. Those are the year's I'm about to live through.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a moving, articulate, accurate description of what is going on inside of you right now. I'm proud of you as you leave JVK and walk into something new and unknown. You are a dear friend and Blake will always be your Game Boy Brother. How lucky he is to have a friend like you.

Maybe you should consider writing or move making as a career since you can see the important moments of a plot so clearly.

Glad to hold you and cry with you when Blake's car left. We love him a lot.

Mom

N.P. said...

Ken wrote me a e-mail, that was a comment.
N.P.

N.P. said...

I misspelled his name, its not Ken but Mark, sorry
N.P.

beccafredo said...

I was SO sad when I read this post the first time that I couldn't even leave a comment. That was a hard, hard day. I cried for me and you and Blake and everyone else. I'm glad you have a friend as wonderful as Blake.
Your mom is right, you did do an incredible job writing about what happened and how you felt...maybe I can quote you someday when I'm talking to other TCKs.
I'm glad I get to still be your friend through the years you're about to live right now, even if it's mostly by phone, it will be nice to be on the same continent as you!

Anonymous said...

Through blurry, teary eyes I am writing this comment. What a wonderful artist you are. You paint with words. I can't even imagine how God plans to use your gift of words and feelings to honor him and lead other to Christ. I am sure you are this gifted because you are my grandchild! Grandmother

Unknown said...

I love your movie - you did a great job of painting the scene and playing it out in the script. When will it be out?! Do you think it will make it to Cinestar for me to see someday? I would like that a lot! And can I come to your wedding someday?? Then I'll get to see you all grown up, and Blake too, since he'll be there of course! :) Thanks for making me part of the movie too...now I wish I'd given you money at conference for ice cream for real!! I owe you!

jen said...

I bet there's going to be some great stuff in the next 10 years for you, Nathan! probably more goodbyes, since we'll have those until we're with Jesus for eternity. But the Hellos! there will be lots of them also. What a treasure you have in your friendship with Blake & the other JV kids…and what a gift you have in being able to write about it…I loved the written movie!

Josh and Kristi said...

Nathan, Blake told me about your blog but I just read it for myself. Beautiful! I love you for writing that, for caring for Blake the way you do. Can't keep from crying. Because we'll miss you. Not just Blake. We miss what you bring to him and to us. Luka too!
Also, I love being the Mrs. Patty in your story...(I saw Connie's comment) Ha ha!

Claire said...

We'll miss you Nathan!